Salmon

lrgcohomale

4114445171_2e34b5a243_z

Hello Ranchers,

Here are a few  pictures of salmon. The first pictures is of a coho salmon. Do you see how it’s color is lighter on the tummy and darker on the top? I think it’s like that because when you are looking down from the water it gets darker. So when its predators look down they will not see them and it’s lighter in color on the tummy because if it’s predators look up to its tummy they will not see it because when you look up from the water it gets brighter. The image of the cooked salmon is for fun and for education. Did you know that a salmon is very good to eat? It has a lot of protein.

3 thoughts on “Salmon”

1. Dear Neil,
    Thank you for this article about salmon. I liked your pictures and the explanation about the color of salmon. Salmon is one of my favorite dinners because it is so healthy for us. Do you like salmon to eat?

Thanks Neil,
    Mrs. Fordyce

1. Dear Ms. Fordyce,
      I love to eat salmon. My dad cooks Salmon. To me it is so yummy me and my brother call it candy salmon. my favorite salmon to eat is a King salmon. What is your favorite salmon to eat?
      From
      Neil

2. Hey Neil its Derek. I like catching Salmon because your right they give you protein and they taste good to me. I wish that you could have said like what they eat and how old they can get and what predators they have. I wonder what it will feel like to be a Salmon probably bad cause they want to eat Salmon. If you want to come to my teachers blog you can tell your class to come here too because all of our blogs are on Mr.Geimans blog. right here http://blog.elanco.org/ageimanla/