Gulab Jamun

Gulab Jamun is one  of my favorite desserts of all. It is an indian dessert. It has syrup in it. It is a popular dessert originated in India, it is also popular in many other countrys like Jamaica, Trinidad, tobago, Guyana, Suriname, Fiji, Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. It’s main ingrediet is khoya which is condensed milk solid. It could be served hot cold and room temperature  (I like it warm,the most). It is always served with syrup.  It is mostly brown in color. It is mostly shaped like a sphere. Gulab jamun will always be my one of my favorite deserts.

2 thoughts on “Gulab Jamun”

1. Dear Neil,
    What a delicious looking dessert! I’m so glad that this dessert is one of your favorites. From your picture, I think I’d love it too! It looks like it would be great served warm. Do you ever put whipped cream on the top?

Happy trails,
    Mrs. Fordyce

2. Dear Neil,
    Gulab Jamun sounds like a really yummy dessert! The thought that it has syrup inside makes my mouth dry. I hope I can try some someday. What kind of syrup does the Gulab Jamun have inside it? Maple? Butter? Have you ever made it at home before? What ingredients to you use to make it? Do the ingredients you need to use to make it are only in India? Is there a tip of topping that you can use on top? If there is a topping that you can use then what is it? If you don’t make them at home then what tip of restaurant do you go to, to be served with them? If you go to a restaurant to eat them, are they only served on special days? I like how you told me all the places in India that they are really popular in. I hope that you will continue to see the Gulab Jamun as your favorite dessert.
    With a cherry on top,
    Katie