liger

liger
liger

This post is about the liger, not the tiger. I bet you are wondering what is a liger? A liger is the biggest cat in the world. It is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger. Ligers grow at a erate of 1 kg every second day. A liger has more  lion traits than tiger traits. One thing that a liger can  do that a tiger can do is swim. A liger’s roar sounds more like a lion then a tiger. Ligers can run up to 50mph. Here’s a fun fact. In the 2004 movie, Napoleon Dynamite, the liger was Napoleon’s favorite animal.

liger
liger

7 thoughts on “liger”

1. Hi Neil,
    I did not know that a liger even existed. How did you find out about a liger? I always thought the tiger was the biggest cat.
    From Will***

2. Dear Neil,
    I’m amazed! I’ve never heard of a liger in my whole life. Thank you for teaching me about this. It’s so cool to see the traits from both the lion and the tiger, like the faint tiger markings. Do you know if they are in any zoos?
    From,
    Lucas

1. Dear Lucas,
      I don’t think that there are any ligers in an Oregon zoo. Here’s a fun fact for you Lucas, did you know that there are no known ligers in the wild, they are bred in captivity.
      From,
      Neil

3. Dear Neil,
    How big is the liger? I can’t believe the liger can run 50 mph! It looks like the liger has a pattern. How many cubs does the female liger have?
    From,
    Simone

4. Hi Neil
    I did not even know that there was such thing as a liger. I think that the 2nd picture is amazing, you can just see the lion in it.
    From
    Nash the III or NB 3 🙂